Polish >>> Saint Anne's Mountain

Places to visit

 

  • The Basilica of St. Anne. Both the church and the worshipped statue of St. Anne come from 15th century. The sanctuary is visited approximately by 400,000 pilgrims by year.

  • The Lourdes Grotto. A place for celebrating major religious ceremonies. Constructed in 1912-1914.

  • A Complex of Calvary Chapels. Constructed in 1709. Now, it consists of 35 chapels and 2 churches. Each year there are Calvary services celebrated that gather tens of thousands pilgrims.

  • The Papal Altar. It commemorates a meeting of one million pilgrims with Pope John Paul II in 1983.

  • The Museum of Mission. Located by the franciscan monastery, presents the exhibits from missions.

  • The Landscape Park ‘St. Anne’s Mountain’. Geopark of St. Anne’s Mountain is exceptionally rich in fauna and flora.

  • The Geological Reserve. A teaching path enables to explore a history of the volcano that shaped St. Anne’s Mountain.

  • The Amphitheatre. Offers space for 30 thousands viewers. Above the scene there is a monument commemorating fights during the Silesian Uprisings.

  • The Museum of Silesian Uprisings. It preserves the memory of the Silesian Uprisings. The exhibition includes temporary historical and natural exhibits.

Mass Times

 

- Sunday: 7.00, 8.30, 10.00, 11.30; 15.30 (German), 17.00

 

- Weekdays:

April - October: 6.30 a.m.

November - March: 7.00 a.m.

 

May - October 11.00 a.m..

 

 

History of the Sanctuary

 

 

1480-1485

 

 

 

probable date of the construction of the St. Anne’s church

 

1655

 

arriving of reformed-franciscan friars from Maopolska (Minor Poland) to St. Anne’s Mountain

 

1655-1659

 

construction of the first franciscan monastery

 

1673

 

construction and consecration of brick St. Anne’s church by Suffragan Bishop of Wroclaw, Carl Neander

 

1700-1709

 

construction of Calvary chapels by Count Georg Adam von Gaschin

 

1756-1764

 

renovation of the chapels; beginning of the construction of chapels “The Paths of Mary”

 

1764

 

first Calvary celebrations

 

1767

 

first edition of the Calvary prayer book

 

1820

 

eviction of reformed-franciscan friars from the sanctuary

 

1875

 

second abolishment of monastery and eviction of franciscans due to Kulturkampf

 

1910

 

coronation of the statue of St. Anne

 

1912-1914

 

construction of the Lourdes Grotto

 

1929-1938

 

construction of the Pilgrim’s House

 

1980

 

celebration of 500 years of the sanctuary, Pope John Paul II gives the church a title of Minor Basilica

 

1983

 

pilgrimage of Pope John Paul II

 


 

 

 Contact

 

Franciscan Monastery

ul. Klasztorna 6

47-154 Góra Sw. Anny

tel. 48-77/463 09 00

fax 48-77/463 09 28

You need JavaScript.

 


 

Pilgrim's House

al. Jana Pawla II, 7

47-154 Góra Sw. Anny

tel. 48-77/46 25 301

fax 48-77/46 25 320

You need JavaScript.

www.dompielgrzyma.pl

 

 

Youth Ministry

al. Jana Pawla II, 7

47-154 Góra Sw. Anny

tel. 48-77/46 25 336, -339

You need JavaScript.

www.swanna.org

 

How to get to us

 

Saint Anne's Mountain is a village close to the A4 motorway, between Wroclaw and Katowice more >>>

 

 

Photo Gallery

Saint Anne's Mountain
 

Exaltation of the Cross
 

The Feast of St. Anne

 

 

Webmaster